Expect rocky shoals, some quick currents, remote beauty and an enjoyable tubing experience.
Reservations to float with us are not required, but encouraged. Our payment methods include Credit/Debit Cards (by phone, email, and at our headquarters); Check received TEN days in advance of your Reservation to our mail address. Cash or Credit/Debit cards at our headquarters.
From a Church or Business Firm we know, or can gain reference, we sometimes accept a check at our headquarters on Reservation Day.
Approved advance mailed checks go to Floating Fun, 2080 County Road 6, Wedowee, AL 36278 USA-be sure to reference your reservation information on the check.
Please feel free to call our office in advance to verify that we have enough inventory available for your group on the day you want to float.
When you advance register prior to your arrival at Floating Fun, your name, phone number, email address, and rental options are entered into our files and arranged by your particular float day and float choice.
We now have the option to float the Choccolocco Creek or the Tallapoosa River, pending any water quality issues of the Choccolocco Creek at no extra cost. We are Alabama’s ‘Premier Tube Trip’ with many tubes in stock, a variety of rapids and a steady current to enjoy. Nothing beats a refreshing tube trip on a pleasant day, with the soothing sounds of babbling water cascading alongside, with your friends.
When you arrive – if your paperwork is in order and you are on the advance spreadsheet, what you rented will be ready for you. Put your life jacket on before going down the bank, and check for others around you, especially youngsters. Then place the tube around your bottom, holding it close, and plop backwards into the water.
Operating Hours and Days
Prior to Memorial Weekend we will be open on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday beginning May 5. We are open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Beginning May 25 we are open Thursday through Saturday and 10-5 on Sundays until October 1st. We are open Tuesday and Wednesday for reservations for a party of 12 or more. For every person completing a float to the bank after 5:30 pm, the late fee is $5 for each 30 minutes late.
All floaters MUST be out of the water by 5:00 pm to avoid any penalties reimbursing overtime labor at $5 per person every 30 minutes after 5:30 pm!
We will be open on Mondays and all week when a holiday falls on that week. (Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day).
If it is raining, temperature is 70 degrees or above, no lightning is forecast, you still wish to float, and the water level is not at, or expected to reach a challenging level in our opinion, we will allow you to float, with waiver/release signed.
Rainy day and Flood Rain Checks given only. It must be raining at our office at noon on the day of your float to receive a Rain Check, or be in flood conditions on your float day to receive Flood / Rain Checks.
Click on the links below to print and sign. Make sure to bring these forms with you.
If the weather turns bad while you are floating, and you get out of the water, we suggest you do not bunch together, stay away from tall trees and rocks, crouch down low and sit on your life jacket until you believe the danger has passed. The weather service online has said lightning can travel ten miles.
* Shoals / rapids on each section
* Children must weigh 40 lbs or more
* Don’t bring glass or foam containers for fluids or as a cooler
* Cooler tube will support 50 pounds
* Cooler tubes have straps to connect to your tube
* Should you get free of your tube in a current, stay flat on your back with your feet pointed downstream until the current subsides, then swim to the bank or your tube.
* Float with a ‘buddy’
* Do not attempt to, or in some way, deflate the tube as it will sink and tear on rocky places
* Everyone MUST wear a life jacket fastened around them during the entire float
* For everyone’s safety wearing life jackets and shoes (NO FLIP FLOPS) is a must!
* Stay well away from trees and their branches down in the water. Well away.
* Your vehicle transport or our vehicle will meet you at your takeout for you to return our equipment in good condition and you to your vehicle as prior arranged.